Click HERE to follow our new blog!
It will only end in tears. That’s right. This version of the strawberryluna blog is now dead.
We closed this one in March of 2012 and opened a far better version at our new website here.
All of our blog’s history & content are at our blog’s new home. No reason to hang around this haunt anymore 🙂
If you’d like to keep following our work & studio, please hit the handy “Follow” button on the top left-hand side of our new blog here. Thank you!
DO NOT follow this version. You will be sad & lonely.
We have a brand new look! Come take take a peek at the all-new strawberryluna.com and see for yourself.
With the expert help of our pals Val & Jason Head at North Maple Media, everything strawberryluna has been well-tidied, re-organized, streamlined and freshened up.
- We have a full Portfolio section with the bulk of all of our poster, illustration, commercial and art print work in nice neat sections.
- There’s a brand new Shop where only the freshest and available items appear. Come visit The Shop here!
- Our new blog is now integrated into our new site, so if you are a current subscriber to this (now old) blog, please go on over to the new blog and join up there. Sorry for the inconvenience – as yet, we don’t know of another, easier way to migrate folks over to the new blog.
- There’s a fancy new FAQ page too that covers many of the questions we receive the most. Get your learn on here.
I hope that you love the new site as much as we do! We’re still going to tinker away at a few bits so please let us know what you think, and leave comments for us! Hope that you dig.
And, for a limited time only for all of you OG readers and subscribers we’re offering a 20% discount in our new shop! Just enter the code FRESHNEWLOOK at checkout in our new webstore here!
*Discount Code valid until 4/16/12.
Click to visit our Fab.com sale!
We’re having a new sale on Fab.com! Our sale starts today Wednesday 3/21 at 11am and runs through Monday 3/26. For 5 lightning quick days we’ll be featured on the amazing design-centric, membership only Fab.com.
Membership at Fab.com is 100% FREE. Use this handy sign up link if you aren’t already a member! We are, because we’re not just sellers at Fab.com. we’re also buyers. Seriously!
If you’re not familiar, here’s how Fab works:
- With special discounts to Fab.com members of 30% – 40% off of our day-to-day retail, there will be tons of great deals will be available on our hand silkscreen printed art prints, super soft tees for adults and infants will be available for just 120 hours. But only to Fab.com members.
Fab.com is a member-only, extremely well curated design+art shopping site featuring flash sales of 120-hour duration with special deals, available exclusively at Fab.com.
Not already a member? Why not silly, it’s FREE! To get a your free Fab.com account use this invite link and see what the fuss is about.
Don’t forget, our sale runs for just 120 hours and starts TODAY Wednesday 3/21 and ends Monday 3/26, and once the sale is over, done, and gone….BOOM! It’s gone forever.
Click to visit our Fab.com sale!
Flatstock, in Austin TX during SXSW Music Festival
Here we go!
The very first Flatstock Rock Poster Convention of 2012 is right around the corner and we’re getting all of our posters, prints, tees, test prints and thingamajigs into gear. We’re chomping at the bit and rarin’ to go with lots of new work to show at first taste of Spring and favorite Texas town during the amazing SXSW Music Festival.
Flatstock 33 will display the works of more than 100 artists from across North America and the globe. The exhibition is free and open-to-the-public running March 14-17 and features posters representing decades of styles, colors and techniques for sale. Show up early and be ready to be overwhelmed with amazing posters. (You might want to bring some dough since you won’t want to leave empty handed!) The exhibition is free and open to the public.
This year is just slightly more exciting than ever with a couple of added events in Texas.
- Wednesday 3/14: Hot gig poster printing awesomeness! We were commissioned by the HGTV network to design a poster for one of 4 showcase nights of great music they will be hosting at SXSW at their beautifully renovated venue, The Studio. Our silkscreen poster (see the design below) will be hand printed on-site by Andy MacDougall of Squeegeeville with the help of Austin’s own Coronado Studio during the opening night of The Studio on Wednesday 3/14 and we’ll be there too, signing posters and they are completed and handing them out to the first 300 folks at the show. (Note, you must be a registered SXSW participant to attend The Studio showcase shows.) The bands appearing for Wednesday night’s showcase are: Say Hi, Young Orchids, Oh Mercy, Sean Bones, The Pierces & Girl In A Coma. For more info about HGTV’s The Studio, full band and poster artist list click here.
This limited edition, hand silkscreen printed poster will be available exclusively at The Studio by HGTV on 3/14 during the show.
- Thursday 3/15: We will be appearing at the SXSW Film Festival Premiere of the poster documentary film Just Like Being There by director Scout Shannon on March 15th at 4:15pm at The Vimeo Theater (inside the Convention Center at 201 Trinity St.) and Allison will be speaking after the Premiere in a Q & A session with a selection of other Flatstock posters artists who also appear in the film.
Who: Over 100 working rock poster artists from all around the globe. Click here for the list of Flatstock 33 participating artists.
Where: Flatstock 33 at SXSW in the Austin Convention Center on Level 1 – Ballrooms A, B, C – same place as last year!
- Wednesday 3/14 from 2:00pm – 6:00pm
- Thursday 3/15 – Saturday 3/17 11:00am – 6:00pm
What: The FLATSTOCK poster show series is presented by the American Poster Institute (API). It is an ongoing series of exhibitions featuring the work of many of the most popular concert poster artists working today and happens 4-6 times a year with scheduled shows in Austin, TX at SXSW, Barcelona Spain during Primavera Music Festival, Chicago, IL during Pitchfork Music Festival, Seattle WA at Bumbershoot Fest, and in Hamburg Germany during the Reeperbahn Festival.
If you are in Austin for SXSW we hope to see you at the amazing Flatstock Rock Poster Convention, so come say hello!
Happy holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and a Happy New Year to you.
Wishing you the Best & Brightest to you & yours this holiday season.